Skip to Content
Crime

Taco Truck Robbery Video Shows Brazen Pistol Whipping; Police Searching For Suspects

[dropcap size=big]T[/dropcap]hree men in hooded sweatshirts boarded a taco truck last month brandishing handguns and harassing line cooks. The suspects jumped on looking to rob the till after 3 am when late-night food trucks typically are wrapped for the night.

When they realized the night's take had been locked away, they pistol whipped one of the employees and made all the workers empty their pockets of cash and cell phones.

On Thursday, the Los Angeles Police Department released surveillance footage of the July 14 incident which occurred on the 1300 block of West Manchester Boulevard. LAPD has no suspects and said they released the video with hopes that it would lead to an arrest.

You can see the video below.

The incident is the latest in a string of violent robberies against street vendors.

In May, a former Taco Madness “Best in Show” winner, Tacos Cuernavaca, was robbed at gunpoint in a similar incident in East Los Angeles. At the time, taquero Osvaldo Martinez told L.A. Taco that three assailants wearing dark sweatshirts jumped on the truck near 2 am.

The thief began cursing and threatening him in Spanish, he told L.A. Taco. The thieves wanted money and they eventually got away with roughly $1,000, leaving Martinez and his nephew unharmed.

In March, a horrible attack in South L.A. that left a street vendor in the hospital with serious injuries was caught on camera. Street vendors, especially those working after dark, are vulnerable to attacks and robberies because their business is to work out in the open without security.

RELATED: Video Captured Robbery Attack that Left Oaxacan Street Vendor Badly Beaten

Jennifer Velez contributed to this report.

Stay in touch

Sign up for our free newsletter

More from L.A. TACO

Sunday Taquitos #15: Less Lethal Than What?

Sunday Taquitos! Art by Ivan Ehlers.

February 15, 2026

Thousands March on City Hall in Support of Iranian Crown Prince’s Global Day of Action

Reza Pahlavi, son of the former Shah, has publicly supported and called for protests in Iran and abroad to support regime change against the Islamic Republic.

February 14, 2026

DAILY MEMO: Border Patrol Has Left Los Angeles, ICE Carries On Taking Around 25 People This Week

The Harbor Area Peace Patrollers, who for 8 months stood watch every single morning outside of Terminal Island, today confirmed that ICE and CBP have demobilized from the Coast Guard base. While we’ve seen a decrease in activity with Border Patrol gone, around 25 people were still taken between Monday and Friday from Home Depots, cars, courthouses, and mostly targeted attacks. 

History Teacher Fired After Opening Gate for Students During Anti-ICE Walkout

“Me being the closest adult and trying to prevent other students from jumping the gate, I opened the gate for them,” said Ricardo Lopez. “Within an hour, I was let go.”

February 13, 2026

Weekend Eats: Ice Cream Against ICE and a New Street Branzino From Brooklyn

Plus new a Korean restaurant, a taqueria where the taquero may go shirtless, and a New York pop-up dealing in nothing but grilled whole branzino.

February 13, 2026
See all posts